Mandatory Changes to Google Feed - Action Required
Mar 29, 2011
On March 14th, Google announced some major, new requirements for their data feeds. Today, we updated all Basic Google feeds to meet Google's new data feed specifications. We have added the new attributes, updated the field order, and carried over any and all of your customizations on the 'Manage Feed > Define Fields' page. Google will automatically accept these changes without any action on your part.
However, starting in May/June, your listings may be disapproved unless you provide information for the attributes listed below. Please use the support links to help you add the data to your store:
- upc, brand, mpn
- STARTING MAY 3, 2011, GOOGLE WILL NO LONGER LIST PRODUCTS WITHOUT AT LEAST TWO OF THESE THREE VALUES FOR EACH PRODUCT (EXCLUDING APPAREL AND ONE-OF-A-KIND ITEMS). Instructions: What are Google's new requirements for unique product identifiers?
- tax, shipping
- STARTING JUNE 6, 2011, GOOGLE WILL NO LONGER LIST PRODUCTS WITHOUT TAX AND SHIPPING INFORMATION PROVIDED. These settings can be set at the account-level via the Google Merchant Center dashboard. Instructions: Tax and Shipping settings for Google Product Search
- We have configured this to 'y' (Yes) by default. This tells Google that your products are only available online, and not through a physical store. If this is not true, then please refer to our support topic, Setting the online_only (online only) attribute.
- We have added this recommended field and no action needs to be taken on your part. If your items are on perpetual sale, please let us know, as you may be required to submit your sale price as a regular price instead.
If you have an Advanced Google feed, please contact us if you would like your feed to be reviewed.
Here is the link to Google's announcement.
- Google Feed Analysis and Other News (Jun 22, 2011)
- Changes to Google 'price' Attribute and Other News (May 12, 2011)
- Faster Task Processing (Apr 14, 2011)
- Google images and robots.txt (Apr 11, 2011)
- Google Feed Error, Legacy Stores, and Perpetual Sales (Apr 10, 2011)
- Mandatory Changes to Google Feed - Action Required (Mar 29, 2011)
- PepperJam Data Feed Support (Mar 14, 2011)
- Update Instructions for GoShopping Feed (Mar 11, 2011)
- Google Feed Errors Resolved (Feb 17, 2011)
- Google Feed Errors and Settings Change (Feb 16, 2011)
- ShopMania Data Feed Support (Feb 14, 2011)