New Google Requirements
Jul 11, 2011
You may have received the email yesterday from Google Product Search with subject, "Important Changes to Feeds Specification and Program Policies", describing new data feed requirements to take effect September 22, 2011.
We are currently studying these new requirements. We will send a general announcement once we come up with a strategy and some documentation on how to proceed.
At first glance, the new requirements may seem like a burden. However, this is the direction Google has been heading for awhile now in order to create an amazing experience for shoppers. We believe that this will directly translate into increased sales for merchants who participate.
Our number one priority is to provide you the tools, information, and guidance in order to be listed in Google Product Search and other shopping engines. Thank you for your patience.
- Bing FTP Errors and New Magento-Pronto feed (Jul 28, 2011)
- Google Feed Analysis and Modification (Jul 26, 2011)
- Magento to Pricegrabber Data Feed (Jul 23, 2011)
- Google Product Category Updated (Jul 22, 2011)
- Google Sep. 22 Update (Jul 17, 2011)
- New Google Requirements (Jul 11, 2011)
- Updated Minimum Purchase Rule (Jul 9, 2011)
- New Logo (Jul 8, 2011)
- Google Feed Analysis and Other News (Jun 22, 2011)
- Changes to Google 'price' Attribute and Other News (May 12, 2011)
- Faster Task Processing (Apr 14, 2011)