Analytics Tracking Codes
Jul 31, 2012
We have pre-configured the 'adwords_redirect' and 'adwords_queryparam' fields of all Google Shopping feeds. This allows you to track additional information about the source of your clicks with Google Analytics.
This change was made automatically, and you do not need to do anything. If you had already customized these fields, we left your settings as-is.
For more information, see here: Campaign Tracking Codes for Google Analytics and Yahoo Web Analytics
We would like to take this a step further and modify the main product URL link submitted in all feeds (for all shopping engines) to include Google Analytics tracking codes. Again, already customized feeds would be left as-is. The advantage of this would be that if you decided to use Google Analytics, you could split up traffic statistics by shopping engine. These tracking codes would also be compatible with Yahoo Web Analytics (YWA) and other web traffic analyzers.
Here is an example of a product URL,
WITHOUT tracking codes:
WITH tracking codes:
We are planning to make this change unless there are major concerns. If you would NOT like this change to be made, please let us know.
- Podcast of Radio Show - Big Changes at Google Shopping (Sep 11, 2012)
- Radio Show - Big Changes at Google Shopping (Sep 10, 2012)
- Bigcommerce Google and Bing Shopping Feeds Available Now (Sep 10, 2012)
- New Promotions and Offers (Sep 7, 2012)
- International Google Feeds (Aug 25, 2012)
- Analytics Tracking Codes (Jul 31, 2012)
- TheFind Feed Upgrade for Glimpse (Jul 20, 2012)
- GoShopping is Defunct (Jul 18, 2012)
- Product Listing Ads Campaign Quick Signup (Jun 29, 2012)
- New Feed to Catalog-On-Demand with 6 Months Free Trial (Jun 21, 2012)
- 'upc' renamed to 'gtin' in Google feeds (Jun 15, 2012)