Recreate or rename your data feed file in Google Merchant Center.
Below is the procedure to recreate your data feed file in your Google Merchant Center account. You may need to do this if you are experiencing strange errors in your Google account, especially if your data feed file was registered a long time ago. This does not resolve all issues, and it is best to contact Google regarding the error in addition to attempting this procedure.
- Go to the Data Feeds tab in your Google Merchant Center account.
- Click the "New Data Feed" button. Leave the default settings, enter a different file name ending in ".txt", and click "Save Changes".
- Log into our site and go to "Manage > Modify Settings" for your feed.
- Update the file name to the new file name, then click "Update".
- Click on "Manage > Submit a Task".
- Click the Submit button to submit the feed manually.
- After the submission completes, refresh the Data Feeds tab in your Google account. It should show a status of 'processing...' within an hour or so.
- Once you see the items processed successfully, then check the box next to old data feed file, then click the "Delete selected" button.
Resolving Google Merchant Center Errors
Lasted Updated: September 13, 2011Send Feedback