Google FTP Issue and Alert Service
Feb 10, 2007
Google's FTP server has been refusing connections sporadically over the past several weeks. We offset this by implementing automatic connection retries. However, their FTP server has become progressively worse, and this weekend (Feb. 10-11, 2007), it did not accept any connections.
Google will likely correct the problem with the server soon. Customer's with infrequent submissions may want to review the status of their feeds in Google Base. Once the FTP server is responding again, you may want to resubmit manually.
To guard against your Froogle product listings becoming inactive without you knowing, consider setting up a Google Base Alert in our system. An alert will notify you by email when your product count in Froogle goes to zero (or any other threshold). You can configure it to check the listings from daily to monthly, and the cost for each check is only $0.05. There is a "Wizard" button to help you set up alerts for each store.
- Website Down Time (Jun 25, 2007)
- Yahoo Sale Price Issue (Jun 5, 2007)
- Froogle Feed Stop-Gap Submission and System Updates (Apr 7, 2007)
- New Google Base Attributes (Feb 17, 2007)
- Google FTP Issue Update (Feb 14, 2007)
- Google FTP Issue and Alert Service (Feb 10, 2007)
- Google Base New Product Attributes (Jan 30, 2007)
- Pricing Changes Reminder (Dec 31, 2006)
- New Shopping.com Feed and Pricing Changes (Nov 30, 2006)
- Froogle Feed Product Options (Nov 26, 2006)
- New Product Count Alert Service (Nov 17, 2006)