Bigcommerce Shopping Feeds
- Bing Shopping Feed Bigcommerce
Option 1: Express Setup Request
We recommend that you have us set up and optimize the data feed for you with our Express Setup and Optimization Service. There is a one-time fee associated with this service.
To purchase this service, paste the password you created, API Token, API Path, and any special instructions into the 'Additional Comments' field of our Express Setup Request Form, and click Submit Request.
Option 2: Do-it-yourself Setup
Use our Bing Shopping Data Feed Setup Guide to complete the setup of your Bigcommerce Bing Shopping Feed.
- Advantages of our feed vs. the one provided by Bigcommerce or Shopify
- We have over 10 years experience in data feeds, so we have the expertise to get your products listed correctly and in an optimal way.
- We provide free phone/email support for your feeds, which is especially useful when there are feed errors and when the feed specifications change.
- With our free Google Shopping Monitoring Service, we email you whenever there is a problem with your listings.
- We specialize in very large stores, complex stores, and other cases where the built-in or free software does not suffice.
- You can filter out items with errors to prevent your feed from being disapproved by Google.
- We offer Google Shopping Categorization Service for an additional fee.
- We support all the major shopping engines - including Bing Shopping, Facebook Product Ads, and Amazon Product Ads.
- We offer international feeds with automatic currency conversion.
- Our feeds are pre-configured with URL tracking codes for Google Analytics.
- Our system gives you the ability to customize the feed.
- You can use our Google Validation Report to quickly view and identify item errors/warnings.
- We keep track of the results of each feed submission.
- How to Add Custom Fields to a Bigcommerce Store
Unfortunately, Bigcommerce does not allow adding custom attributes to the product catalog. The custom attributes it does support are displayed on the product page, which is not always desirable.
As a workaround, you can stuff the data in unused fields.
Here are some suggestions:
- Other Details
- Bin Picking Number, Warranty Information, Search Keywords
- Accounting Settings
- Asset Account Code, Income Account Code, Expense/COS Account Code
- Peachtree Fields
- General Ledger Account
- Google Shopping
- Color, Size, Material, Pattern
We can map any of the above fields to any attribute in your feed. For example:
Bigcommerce => Google Feed Attribute Color => custom_label_0 Material => custom_label_1 Pattern => custom_label_2
There are some other options where you can provide a CSV file and it can be integrated into the feed. Please contact us for more information.
- Bigcommerce to Google Feed Setup Checklist
In order for us to set up and optimize your Google Shopping feed from Bigcommerce, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Create or sign-in to your Google Merchant Account
- Verify and claim your Website URL under General Settings
- Add tax and shipping settings for each country where you intend to sell under Tax and Shipping
- In your Bigcommerce Store Control Panel, enable API access for us by following the instructions here: Bigcommerce Feed Setup - Step 1 of 3
- Submit an Express Setup Request, and provide us the following information: Website URL, WebDAV password / access key, and Google Merchant account login and password (If you already submitted a request and/or payment, please resubmit the form with complete information and skip the payment step)
- Customize the BigCommerce Product Export for Performance
Below is a list of fields you can uncheck to improve the performance of the BigCommerce product export. To access this list, click the Products tab when editing the export template in your BigCommerce store control panel.
The fields listed below are rarely, if ever, used for generating data feeds for the shopping channels. However, to maintain maximum flexibility for the future, you should only uncheck these if you are having problems with your feed.
Retail Price Cost Price Calculated Price Low Stock Level Product Inventoried Sort Order Product Not Visible Product Availability Minimum Purchase Quantity Maximum Purchase Quantity Free Shipping Fixed Shipping Price Brand + Name Warranty Bin Picking Number Show Product Condition Product Tax Class Avalara Product Tax Code Redirect Old URL Option Set (keep for variant feeds) Option Set Align Stop Processing Rules Product Custom Fields (keep if enabled for your feed) Product Images > Product Image ID Product Images > Product Image File Product Images > Product Image Path Product Images > Product Image Description Product Images > Product Image Index (Note: For Product Images, only URL and Is Thumbnail are needed) Product Files Shipping Groups Origin Locations Dimensional Rules Event Date Required Event Date Name Event Date Is Limited Event Date Start Date Event Date End Date MYOB Asset Acct MYOB Income Acct MYOB Expense Acct Date Added Date Modified
Unchecking the above fields may greatly increase the speed of the export, and reduce the file size.
- How to give us access to the BigCommerce API (OAuth Token)
For some Variant/Custom feeds, we may need access to the BigCommerce API to fetch additional information that is not part of the CSV Product Export. Here are the instructions to do that:
- Log into your BigCommerce store admin as the owner
- Go to Advanced Settings > API Accounts
- Select Create API Account
- In the Name field, enter
- In the OAuth Scopes section, select read-only for both Products and Information
- Select Save
- Copy the Client ID, Client Secret, and Access Token to your clipboard
- Go to the Secure Login and Password Form
- Paste the Client ID, Client Secret, and Access Token into the Additional Information section of the form and click Submit (No need to enter anything else on the form)