Google 'product_type' Attribute
Feb 11, 2012
We have enhanced the Yahoo Store to Google Product Search feeds to allow more configuration options for the 'product_type' attribute.
By default, this attribute is set to the Yahoo Path. Now, you can override this value with the data from any of the fields in your store catalog by simply specifying the catalog field name.
While it is not necessary to make any changes, a properly specified google_product_category and product_type may improve your results. For more information, see here:
Did you know we can submit your feed Daily for no extra charge as compared to less frequent submissions? Did you also know that a daily submission may improve your ranking? If your feed is not set to run Daily, we recommend you change the scheduling using the instructions below.
Did you know that if your Google feed has a large number of items with errors, all your listings could be suspended by Google?
It is important to either exclude those items from the feed, or correct the errors. Our new Google Feed Validation report makes this easy. This will show you the errors and warnings in your feed, which if corrected, will boost the number and quality of your listings. See the link below for more information.
- Hardware issue resolved and new pricing (Apr 14, 2012)
- Hardware issue (Apr 13, 2012)
- Bing Reopens and New Pricing Reminder (Mar 30, 2012)
- Free Google Monitoring and New Pricing (Mar 14, 2012)
- google_product_category, tax, and shipping requirements (Mar 1, 2012)
- Google 'product_type' Attribute (Feb 11, 2012)
- Bigcommerce Platform Support and Other News (Dec 2, 2011)
- Improved Validation Report (Nov 25, 2011)
- Shopping.com Feed Upgrade Completed (Nov 1, 2011)
- Shopping.com Feed Upgrade (Oct 27, 2011)
- ShopMania and Pronto Updates (Oct 21, 2011)