Invalid google_product_category is now an error
May 23, 2012
Google now treats an invalid Google Product Category as an item error. We updated our validation rules yesterday to also treat this as an error. If you have any items with invalid Google Product Categories, please update them to ensure that your items are listed. Note that Google recently changed many categories. See here for further instructions on how to update your google product categories.
As a reminder, Google requires you to define your tax and shipping settings. If you have not already done so, please do so on the tax and shipping settings page.
Use the Google Validation Report in your account to quickly show you if there are any errors in your Google feeds.
- GoShopping is Defunct (Jul 18, 2012)
- Product Listing Ads Campaign Quick Signup (Jun 29, 2012)
- New Feed to Catalog-On-Demand with 6 Months Free Trial (Jun 21, 2012)
- 'upc' renamed to 'gtin' in Google feeds (Jun 15, 2012)
- Google Shopping to end free listings (Jun 5, 2012)
- Invalid google_product_category is now an error (May 23, 2012)
- Tax, shipping, and google_product_category are now required (May 6, 2012)
- Hardware issue resolved and new pricing (Apr 14, 2012)
- Hardware issue (Apr 13, 2012)
- Bing Reopens and New Pricing Reminder (Mar 30, 2012)
- Free Google Monitoring and New Pricing (Mar 14, 2012)