Google Shopping Setup Guide
- Step 1: How to create a Google Merchant Center account
- Go to google.com/merchants and create a Google Merchant Center account.
- If you have multiple stores, request a multi-client account so you can manage them all from a single Google account.
- From the Settings > General tab, enter the Website URL of your store. If it does not say "Verified and Claimed", please see our Website Url Verification Tutorial for further instructions.
- From the Settings > Tax and shipping tab, add your tax and shipping rules. You can add estimates if none of the options exactly matches your shipping policies.
- From the Data Feeds tab, click the New Data Feed button. Use the following settings:
- Type: Products
- Target country: USA
- Data feed type: googlebase
- Data feed filename:
- Do not check - I want to use Google Spreadsheet to store, edit and upload my feed
- Do not change - Set up advanced feed usage settings
- (Click the following if you see the error: A feed with the same name already exists. Please choose a different filename.)
- From the Data Feeds tab, click "Settings" next to
googlebase.txt. Enter the settings below and click "Save Changes".
- File format: Text
- Encoding: UTF-8
- Delimiter: Tab
- Use quoted fields: No
- From the FTP Settings tab, create your own FTP username and password. It may take 15 minutes before Google's FTP server recognizes a new FTP username/password.
- Do not set up a schedule for the data feed (or leave it paused).
- Step 2: Set up your Store Export
- Log in to your Yahoo Store Manager, and click the Search Engines link.
- Scroll down to the Enable Store Contents Export section, and select "Enabled" (or "Enable, but do not syndicate") for both objinfo.xml and catalog.xml export formats. Note the URLs labeled "Download:". These end in catalog.xml and objinfo.xml (not .dtd).
- If your exports were disabled, then republish your store.
- Follow the BigCommerce API Setup Instructions to allow our system to access your store data.
Using Magento Connect Extension
Using Export Script
- Follow the Magento Store Export Installation Instructions to install the export script on your site
- Add an API user according to the API User Setup Instructions.
- On the Manage Feed > Modify Settings page, enter the API URL as follows into the Product Catalog URL setting:
- Make sure to replace the bold parts in the above URL with the API username and password that you set up, and the domain of your store.
No special setup is required. Continue on to the next step.
Refer to Volusion Data Feed Setup Instructions.
- Follow the AspDotNetStorefront Store Export Installation Instructions to install the export script on your site
- Step 3: Add a Data Feed for Google Shopping
- From My Account, click the Add Feed button.
- Enter a store name, select your shopping cart, and create a new Standard feed using the Google Shopping template.
- After the feed is created, continue on to the Modify Feed Settings page.
- Enter the source data settings as instructed on the page.
- For Yahoo Store, enter the the objinfo.xml (and optional catalog.xml) URL.
- For Magento and AspDotNetStorefront, enter the URL to your store export script.
- For BigCommerce, enter the API credentials.
- For Shopify, enter your shop name and click the Get Token button.
- Enter the file name and FTP settings you configured in the previous steps, and then click Update.
- Step 4: Test your Google Feed Settings
- Log into Aten Software and click Manage for your Google feed.
- Use the Test Feed Settings link to test your URLs and FTP settings. NOTE: It takes about 15 minutes before Google's FTP server recognizes a new FTP username/password.
- Under Submit a Task, click the Refresh button.
- Go to the Product List, and review some product details to ensure that everything imported correctly.
- Step 5: Submit your Google Feed
- Under Submit a Task, choose the Submit task.
- Log into Google Merchant Center and check the status of the data feed.
- Google typically processes your file within minutes, but it may take longer. It then takes about 24 hours for the items to become searchable in Google Shopping. There may be additional lag time before image thumbnails appear.
- Step 6: Schedule your Google Feed
- On our site, go to the Modify Feed page for your Google feed, and select the Daily Plus option and click Update.
- You can optionally configure a filter to exclude items with errors.
- Add funds to your account from the Purchase Credit page to ensure continuous service.
Consider purchasing our Data Feed Optimization Service to make the most of your data feed.