How do I set up a Catalog-on-Demand data feed?
On our Site
- Go to My Account on our site
- Click Add Feed
- Select your store platform, the Catalog-on-Demand Template, and then click Create Feed
- Continue to Modify Settings
- Enter the Source settings, leave the FTP Settings blank, and click Update. Note: This feed is not uploaded by FTP.
- Go to Manage Feed > Submit a Task and click Refresh
- Go to Manage Feed > Download Data Feed File and copy the File URL setting to your clipboard for use in a later step.
On the Catalog-on-Demand Site
- Sign up with Catalog-on-Demand - Registration is free
- Send a message via their help desk and they will manually activate your 6-month free trial (if available)
- Click on Account
- In the Automated Data Import Setup section, select the following:
- Import type: Catalog-on-Demand data file
- Data file/archive URL: Paste the data feed File URL from our system that you copied in a previous step
- Encoding: UTF-8, 8-bit UCS Transformation Format (default)
- Auto Start Time of Day: 8:00
- Auto Start Days of Week: Check all the boxes
- Click the Create Data Import Setup button, then click OK when prompted
- Click the Import Now button.
- Click the History button
- Wait 2-5 minutes and click Refresh until the status of the Data File Import changes from in progress to completed
Designing your PDF Catalog
- Click on Choose Design. It is best to start with the simplest brochure — Ironwood Brochure A. Then, read the help icons on each of the configuration pages.
- We recommend running lots of test jobs. It is best to make test jobs very short, say 5 products or so. That gives you a faster turnaround time. Also, small jobs are easier to troubleshoot. You can choose products to include in your catalog via the Catalog-on-demand website.
- For additional assistance, go to the Catalog-on-Demand Support page. From there, you will find manuals and a link to the Ask for Help contact form.
Catalog-on-Demand® Data Feed
Lasted Updated: February 4, 2018Send Feedback