PriceGrabber Setup Guide
- Step 1: Add a PriceGrabber Data Feed
NOTE: Pricegrabber was purchased by Connexity recently. Refer to the Connexity Setup Guide for those setup instructions.
The instructions below explain how to set up a PriceGrabber data feed in our system.
- In our system, click My Account > Add Feed and select the PriceGrabber template.
- On the Modify Feed page, configure the store source settings.
- On the Modify Feed page, enter the FTP Username/Password, which is the same as your PriceGrabber registration username and password. You can leave the FTP Server and File Name the same.
- Step 2: Configure and Optimize a PriceGrabber Data Feed
Pricegrabber requires that you specify the category to a minimum of three levels for every item, otherwise your feed will not be accepted.
Appliances > Laundry > Dryers GOOD Health & Beauty > Makeup > Eyes > Eyeliners GOOD Furniture > Bedroom Furniture INVALID
Find PriceGrabber Categories
- In our system, go to the Manage Feed > Taxonomy Search page for your PriceGrabber feed.
- Find an appropriate category for your products, click on it, and press Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard.
Once you have found the categories for your products, you can configure your feed as described below.
Add a Field for the PriceGrabber Categories
- In our system, go to the Manage > Define Fields page for your PriceGrabber feed.
- Click 'Edit' next to the 'Categorization' field.
- Set Field Name to
pg-categoryand enter the default category in the Default Value box.
- If you want to specify item-specific categories, add a custom field to your store catalog called 'pg-category' and populate it with the values.
- Step 3: Set up a Connexity / PriceGrabber Merchant Account
- Log into your Connexity / PriceGrabber merchant account.
- Go to Your Account > Feed Format and make the following selections:
- Do you have a product feed - Yes
- Is the feed visible from a website / URL - No
- Would you like PriceGrabber to pull the feed from your FTP? - No
- Is your complete feed larger than 8Mb - Yes/Maybe
- Enter the file name as it is set up on the Modify Feed page.
- Click Save Changes
- Submit the feed from our site.
- Contact your PriceGrabber account representative to let them know you have modified your feed settings.
- Troubleshooting a PriceGrabber Data Feed
If PriceGrabber is not listing your products, please try the following steps.
- In our site, go to My Account > Manage Feed > View Results, and check if the feed is being submitted successfully. If you see "success", then our system is successfully uploading the feed file to PriceGrabber's FTP server. They may still have problems processing the feed.
- Check if your PriceGrabber merchant account is set up according to these instructions: How do I set up my PriceGrabber merchant account?
- Contact your PriceGrabber representative and ask them if they are processing the file you are uploading by FTP, and not any files received from other sources. Also ask them if there are any issues with the file.