Shopzilla.com Data Feed
- How do I set up a Shopzilla data feed?
- Log into your Shopzilla Merchant Account
- Go to Manage Listings > Submit & Update Your Product Listings Datafeed
- Click Go under Programmatic Upload through FTP
- Click the Download Feed Specs button and cancel the file download.
- Click the Create button next to Create delivery location for me.
- In the Filename: box, enter
shopzilla.zip, and in the Unzipped Filename box, enter
- Make a note of the the FTP Username and Password, and click the Submit button. Allow up to five minutes for the account to be created.
- On our site, go to My Account > Add Feed
- Choose the Shopzilla template and click Add
- Continue on to the Modify Settings page.
- Copy the Username and Password to the FTP Username and FTP Password settings on the Manage Feed > Modify Settings page in our site.
- Click Update to save the settings.
- From the Manage Feed page, click Submit.
- Return to the Shopzilla Merchant Account, and go to Manage Listings > Submit & Update Your Product Listings Datafeed
- In the Step 3: Upload your feed to the location section, click the Done button. You may have to wait and refresh the page until it appears.
- In the Step 4: Check Feed for Errors section, click the Check Feed button.
- If the feed returns errors, it is because Shopzilla has not updated the merchant account for their latest, 2.0 feed specifications, which is what our system generates. Please submit a support ticket to Shopzilla and they can complete the mapping in their back-end.
- How do I set the Shopzilla Category ID?
- Log into your Shopzilla Merchant Account.
- Open the "Shopzilla Shopping Categories" under "Manage Listings > Specifications & Guidelines"
- Note the Category ID that applies to your products.
- Log into our system and go to "My Account"
- Go to "Manage > Define Fields"
- Click "Edit" next to the "Category ID" field.
- Enter your Category ID in the "Default Value" box, and click "Update".
- Run a submission and check your Shopzilla account.
To set up product-specific category IDs, look for instructions on adding custom fields in our online help.
- Do I need your service to upload my data feed to Shopzilla?
No, Shopzilla has an option to import your the XML Export of your Yahoo Store automatically, but you may obtain better results by using our system.
Our system submits in Shopzilla's Standard Submission format. Shopzilla recommends this format for the following reasons:
- "You can update & resubmit your listings through FTP as regularly as you like."
- "You can specify the precise category on Shopzilla's site where you want your listings to appear, thus ensuring that your listings are properly categorized."
Furthermore, our system will allow you to correctly map the Manufacturer and UPC fields to your respective catalog fields. Regarding UPC codes, Shopzilla says, "Providing your product's UPC number is one of the single most effective techniques to ensure an optimal display of your product listings in our search results."