How do I set up my ShareASale merchant account?
- Once you have configured your data feed in our system, generate the data feed file from the Manage > Download Data Feed File page.
- Download the file and add it to a zip file, e.g.
OS-X: Right-click the file and select Compress “sharesale.txt”
Windows: Right-click the file and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder
- Log into your Shareasale Merchant Account
- Go to Creatives > Datafeed and click the Upload New Datafeed button. (You only have to do this manually the first time.)
- Click Browse..., select
sharesale.zipon your computer, and click the Upload Datafeed button.
- Start an email to ShareASale by clicking Help, Submit a Ticket, and then Next.
- Enter the following subject:
- Enter the following message:
- You will receive an email with an FTP Username and Password. Enter those on the "Manage > Modify Settings" page, and set Submission Frequency to Daily.
- Run a Submission to test that the settings are working correctly.
If you have multiple stores in your ShareASale merchant account, please contact us so we can add the StoreID field to your feeds. Also, you can contact ShareASale to increase your feed upload limit to 31 uploads/month per store.
Turn off SFTP
This is very uncommon, but if ShareASale has enabled SFTP for your ShareASale account, please email them and ask them to disable it. We upload the feeds by FTP. If SFTP is enabled, then you will see this error when the feed is submitted:
Error logging in to FTP server 'datafeeds.shareasale.com:21'. Check your credentials. ftp_login(): SSL Strength insufficient.
ShareASale Data Feed
Lasted Updated: October 20, 2020Send Feedback