Can I add tracking codes to my product URLs?
Our feeds are pre-configured with tracking codes for Google Analytics. These codes are also compatible with Yahoo Web Analytics and other web analytics software.
Our Google feeds are further pre-configured with settings for the
adwords_queryparam feed attributes. This allows you to separately track traffic from free Google Shopping listings, paid Product Listing Ads, and paid Product Extension Ads. You can also separate traffic by product target.
Here is a sample product URL with and without tracking codes:
- WITHOUT tracking codes:
- WITH tracking codes:
You can customize or remove the tracking codes easily by simply editing the Display URL setting on the Manage Feed > Define Fields page. You do not need to change anything in your store catalog.
- How to Set Up Tracking Codes for Google Analytics
- Display URL Setting
- Google Analytics URL Builder Tool
- How does campaign tracking work?
- Tracking Your Performance: Google Shopping
- Google Analytics: Separating Product Listing Ads from Product Extension Ads Traffic
- Campaign Tracking / Tagging in Google Analytics
Tracking Code for Google Analytics and YWA
Lasted Updated: October 4, 2013Send Feedback