Setting up a Free Feed in Google Merchant Center (GMC)
- Go to Google Merchant Center (GMC) and sign into your account.
- If you have not already set up your website URL, tax, and shipping settings in the GMC, please refer to our Register your Data Feed instructions. These settings are required.
- On the Products > Feeds page, click the plus icon in the Primary feeds section.
- Enter or confirm the following settings for each step of the New primary feed setup, and click Continue after each step:
Step 1: Basic information
- Type: Online products
- Country of sale: United States
- Language: English
- Destinations: Shopping ads, Shopping Actions, etc.
Step 2: Name and input method
- Primary feed name: Atensoftware Free Feed
- How to set up your feed and connect your data: Scheduled fetch
Step 3: Setup
- File name:
Enter the file name part of your feed URL, but replace the "-ABCD.zip" with just ".txt". For example, "mystore-ABCD.zip" becomes "mystore.txt".
- Fetch frequency: Daily
- Fetch time: Select a random time
- Time zone: Select your time zone
- File URL: Enter the URL you received in your email.
- Username/Password: Leave blank
- The Atensoftware Free Feed feed will appear in the list of Primary feeds. Click the Atensoftware Free Feed link in the Feed name column.
- Click on the Settings tab for the data feed.
- Click on Feed settings.
- Select the settings below and then click the Save button:
- Encoding: UTF-8
- Delimiter: Tab (\t)
- Use quoted fields: Unchecked
- No other changes are needed. Default currency can be left as No default currency, and no changes are needed on the Rules tab.
Upon completion of these steps, you will have a data feed file registered in your Google Merchant Center account. Google will automatically fetch the product listings file from our system on a daily basis. To start seeing your products appear in Google Shopping, you still need to set up an Adwords Shopping Campaign.
Free Feed Generator
Lasted Updated: December 27, 2018Send Feedback