Step 1: Register a Data Feed in your Google Merchant Center Account
- Go to Google Merchant Center and sign up for an account, or sign into an existing account.
- If you have multiple stores, request a multi-client account so you can manage them all from a single Google account.
- On the Business information page, enter the website URL of your store in the Website section. If it does not say "Claimed", please see our Website Url Verification Tutorial for further instructions.
- On the Tax and Shipping pages, add your tax and shipping rules. You can add estimated shipping if none of the options exactly matches your shipping policies.
- Click the vertical dots icon and select SFTP / FTP / GCS. Click the FTP Settings section and create a user name and password. Make sure to note the password somewhere, as it will only be displayed once. You can reset it easily if you lose it.
- On the Products > Feeds page, click the plus icon in the Primary feeds section.
- Enter or confirm the following settings for each step of the New primary feed setup, and click Continue after each step:
Step 1: Basic information
- Type: Products
- Target country: United States
- Language: English
- Destinations: Shopping
Step 2: Primary feed name and input method
- Primary feed name: Use your store name in lower-case ending with .zip
www.mystorename.com targeting Canada =>
www.mystorename.com targeting Australia =>
- How to set up your feed and connect your data: Upload
Step 3: Setup
- File name: Same as Primary feed name
- (Click the following if you see the error: Feed file name is not unique.)
- The googlebase.zip feed will appear in the list of feeds. Click the googlebase.zip link in the Primary feed column.
- Click on the Settings tab for the data feed.
- Click on Feed settings.
- Select the settings below and then click the Save button:
- Encoding: UTF-8
- Delimiter: Tab (\t)
- Use quoted fields: Unchecked
- No other changes are needed. Default currency can be left as No default currency, Fetch Schedule can be left as None, and no changes are needed on the Rules tab.
Upon completion of these steps, you will have a data feed file registered in your Google Merchant Account ready for the FTP upload of the product listings file from our system. To start seeing your products in Google Shopping, you still need to set up the feed in our site, and set up an Adwords Shopping Campaign.
Google Shopping Setup Guide
Lasted Updated: May 19, 2018Send Feedback