Tracking Code for Google Analytics and YWA
- Can I add tracking codes to my product URLs?
Our feeds are pre-configured with tracking codes for Google Analytics. These codes are also compatible with Yahoo Web Analytics and other web analytics software.
Our Google feeds are further pre-configured with settings for the
adwords_queryparamfeed attributes. This allows you to separately track traffic from free Google Shopping listings, paid Product Listing Ads, and paid Product Extension Ads. You can also separate traffic by product target.
Here is a sample product URL with and without tracking codes:
- WITHOUT tracking codes:
- WITH tracking codes:
You can customize or remove the tracking codes easily by simply editing the Display URL setting on the Manage Feed > Define Fields page. You do not need to change anything in your store catalog.
- How to Set Up Tracking Codes for Google Analytics
- Display URL Setting
- Google Analytics URL Builder Tool
- How does campaign tracking work?
- Tracking Your Performance: Google Shopping
- Google Analytics: Separating Product Listing Ads from Product Extension Ads Traffic
- Campaign Tracking / Tagging in Google Analytics
- How to view campaign traffic in Google Analytics
No special setup is needed for campaigns in Google Analytics. Google will track whatever is defined in the source/campaign parameters of the URL.
- Log into Google Analytics.
- Click on Traffic Sources > All Traffic in the side-bar.
- Select the Source as
googleshoppingto see free traffic
- Select the Source / Medium as
googlepepla / plato see traffic from Product Listing Ads
- Select the Source / Medium as
googlepepla / peto see traffic from Product Extension Ads
For other shopping engines, refer to our analytics tracking code reference.
- How to set up campaigns in Yahoo Web Analytics
You can use the pre-configured tracking codes on your feeds for Yahoo Web Analytics by following these setup instructions.
- Log into your Yahoo Web Analytics Account.
- Go to Settings > Campaigns & Ad Channel > Manage Campaigns
- Choose the Paid Search campaign type from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Add New Campaign button.
- Enter a Campaign Name
- Enter Campaign Properties and Categorization if desired.
- Under Campaign Settings, select Landing Page URL Contains.
- Enter the tracking code from our analytics tracking code reference list.
- Click the Add button.
- You will now be able to view reports under Reports > Marketing > Campaigns.
We do not provide technical support for Yahoo Web Analytics, and further instructions are beyond the scope of this article. Please refer to Yahoo's campaign set-up instructions for additional assistance.
- Analytics Tracking Code Reference
The list below shows the tracking codes that are pre-configured by our data feed system.
Google Shopping Tracking Codes
- Google Shopping Free
- Google Product Listing Ads
- Google Product Extension Ads
Other Comparison Shopping Engine Tracking Codes
- Amazon Product Ads
- Bing Ads
- eBay Commerce Network
- Facebook Product Ads
- ShopTab for Facebook
- Wholesale Central
Feeds Without Tracking Codes
The following shopping engine feeds are not pre-configured with tracking codes.
- 11 Main
- Buy.com Marketplace
- Commission Junction
- Custom Feed
- Monitus Web Analytics