Google Product Category Updated
Jul 22, 2011
We have updated all Google feeds (Advanced and Basic, for all e-commerce platforms) as follows:
- The 'product_type' field has been renamed to 'google_product_category'.
- The 'c:store_department:string' field has been renamed to 'product_type'.
These changes were made to comply with Google's new requirements.
- Google Product Category
- Starting Sep. 22, Google will require you to provide a 'google_product_category' for every item in one of the following categories:
- Apparel & Accessories > Clothing
- Apparel & Accessories > Shoes
- Apparel & Accessories (Note that submitting this value for clothing and shoes is not acceptable.)
- Media > Books
- Media > DVDs & Movies
- Media > Music
- Software > Video Game Software
- For all other categories, it is strongly recommended. You can only provide values from Google's official taxonomy in this field. See configuring the google_product_category field for more information
- Product Type
- 'product_type' is a recommended field and you can provide your own, merchant-specific category in this field. It is pre-configured to the 'Path' field from your Yahoo Store. For any items without a Path, you can set a 'DefaultPath' by going to "Manage Feed > Define Fields > Edit product_type".
- Google Feed Analysis
- Go to "Manage Feed > Google Feed Analysis" to see which items are missing 'google_product_category' or 'product_type' information in your data feed.
- Latest Status Update (Aug 1, 2011)
- Magento and AspDotNetstorefront Feeds Released (Jul 30, 2011)
- Bing FTP Errors and New Magento-Pronto feed (Jul 28, 2011)
- Google Feed Analysis and Modification (Jul 26, 2011)
- Magento to Pricegrabber Data Feed (Jul 23, 2011)
- Google Product Category Updated (Jul 22, 2011)
- Google Sep. 22 Update (Jul 17, 2011)
- New Google Requirements (Jul 11, 2011)
- Updated Minimum Purchase Rule (Jul 9, 2011)
- New Logo (Jul 8, 2011)
- Google Feed Analysis and Other News (Jun 22, 2011)