How to set up a custom sub-domain for Amazon S3 hosted images
If you have images or other content hosted on Amazon S3, then the default domain will be s3.amazonaws.com, resulting in URLs like the following:
If you want the URL to contain your own domain name, then there is an easy way to achieve that. Follow the instructions below:
- Log into your domain registrar's website, e.g. GoDaddy, NameCheap, Network Solutions, Yahoo! Domains, etc.
- Navigate to the management area for your domain name.
- Add a new sub-domain that matches the name of the bucket, for example,
- Navigate to the custom DNS settings for the new sub-domain
- Add a CNAME entry that maps your new sub-domain name to Amazon's domain name, like this:
image.mydomain.com => image.mydomain.com.s3.amazonaws.com
In this example, image.mydomain.com is the name of the custom sub-domain and also the name of the bucket.
- Allow about 24 hours for the changes to propagate through the Internet.
- Contact us to update your feed settings with the new domain name.
Amazon Data Feed
Lasted Updated: February 28, 2018Send Feedback