Advanced Data Feed Engine and New Pricing
Apr 18, 2009
We are pleased to announce the availability of our new data feed engine. This new engine is fully customizable. It will allow you to submit your products to more comparison shopping engines (CSEs), and submit them in a more optimized way. Additional CSEs will be announced as they become available.
The new engine allows you to select the desired CSE template and a feed type, 'Basic' or 'Advanced'. Basic feeds have all the features and configuration options of the current system. We will be converting all Google and Shopping.com data feeds to 'Basic' feeds over the next few weeks. 'Advanced' data feeds are fully configurable and can support custom-programming, for an additional fee described below. (We have already notified customers who need Advanced feeds.)
The new feed engine comes with the following website enhancements:
- Product Search - New page to quickly search for an individual product
- Product Details - See product details exactly as they are being submitted
- Product List - Sorting/paging/filtering options are remembered
- Define Fields - Optimize the output or add any number of custom fields
- Exclusion Criteria - Enhanced to show the actual field names
We have not changed our pricing for two and a half years. To keep up development and provide superior support, we will be implementing the following changes, effective June 1, 2009:
- Advanced data feeds will incur an additional charge of $0.25/day per Advanced data feed (or about $7.50/month/feed). There is no such charge for the Basic data feeds.
- The price to submit a data feed (or generate a data feed file) will be reduced from $0.30 to $0.25.
- The daily account service fee will be increased from $0.15 to $0.20 (from about $4.50/month to about $6.00/month per account).
- The image hosting service will continue to be provided at no charge until further notice.
See our Service Pricing page for details.
- Data Quality Improvement (Jun 10, 2009)
- 'Condition' attribute and other news (Jun 5, 2009)
- Character Encoding Issues (May 29, 2009)
- System Errors (May 16, 2009)
- New Pricing Reminder (May 14, 2009)
- Advanced Data Feed Engine and New Pricing (Apr 18, 2009)
- Google Base FTP Issue Resolved (Mar 24, 2009)
- Google Base FTP Server Issue (Mar 23, 2009)
- XML processing bug resolved (Feb 20, 2009)
- Better Integration of Shopping.com Feeds (Jan 16, 2009)
- Google connect timed out error (Dec 17, 2008)