'Condition' attribute and other news
Jun 5, 2009
The Google Base 'condition' attribute will be required beginning June 30, 2009.
One of the three values, 'new', 'used', or 'refurbished' must be supplied for each product. Your Google Base data feed already contains the 'condition' attribute, and you can configure either a default value or catalog field. In order to accommodate this change, we have changed the default value to 'New' where it was currently undefined for all Google Feeds.
If you only sell new products, then no action is required on your part. If you sell any used/refurbished products, we recommend that you supply a catalog field name so that item-specific condition values can be supplied. Go to Manage Feed > Define Fields to set the catalog field name.
Please check out our newly updated Optimization Tips For Google Base page for instructions on how to add a 'condition' field to your Yahoo store.
As a reminder, our pricing was updated on June 1, 2009. Also, since Microsoft's Live Search Product Upload Beta has been discontinued, we have disabled image hosting on those data feeds. We will be deleting those data feeds soon.
Finally, we now support the following templates for your Yahoo Store:
- Google Base
If you have any requests, please let us know.
- Bing Cashback Feed Setup Instructions Posted (Sep 4, 2009)
- New attributes for Google and Shopping.com feeds (Aug 28, 2009)
- Advanced data feed service launched (Jul 15, 2009)
- New Data Feeds Supported (Jun 26, 2009)
- Data Quality Improvement (Jun 10, 2009)
- 'Condition' attribute and other news (Jun 5, 2009)
- Character Encoding Issues (May 29, 2009)
- System Errors (May 16, 2009)
- New Pricing Reminder (May 14, 2009)
- Advanced Data Feed Engine and New Pricing (Apr 18, 2009)
- Google Base FTP Issue Resolved (Mar 24, 2009)