Data Feed File Name Error
Mar 2, 2010
Google is currently having an issue where some data feeds uploaded by FTP are receiving the data feed file name error. Google is aware of the problem and is working to resolve it. You can follow the status in the Google Merchant Center Forum: Known Issue: Data feeds uploaded via FTP receiving the data feed file name error.
In the meantime, you can ignore the emailed error messages, which look something like this:
Subject: Google Merchant Center problem with data feed file: "googlebase.txt"
On March 3, 2010 5:00:00 AM CST you uploaded to Google Merchant Center via FTP a file named "googlebase.txt", but you don not have a data feed registered with this name. Please verify that you provided the correct file name, including correct capitalization.
You do not need to take any further action. Our system will upload your feed according to the submission frequency you have selected. If you have infrequent submissions and you need to update your listings, you can run a manual submission via our website once Google resolves the issue.
- New Pricing Reminder and Website Upgrade (Apr 13, 2010)
- WholesaleCentral.com Data Feed (Mar 29, 2010)
- Website URL Verification Tutorial (Mar 24, 2010)
- TheFind Data Feed Updated (Mar 15, 2010)
- New Pricing Announcement (Mar 14, 2010)
- Data Feed File Name Error (Mar 2, 2010)
- Become.com Feed Support (Feb 24, 2010)
- Change to Advanced Feed Activity Rules (Feb 23, 2010)
- Improved Account Navigation Interface (Feb 18, 2010)
- Bi-weekly option available (Jan 21, 2010)
- Express Setup and Optimization (Jan 20, 2010)