How to set up a product feed for Bing Shopping
The detailed, step-by-step instructions below will show you how to list your products in Bing Shopping using our data feed service.
Here is a summary of the steps:
- First, create a Store and Feed in your Microsoft Ads account.
- Next, create a Standard feed in your account on our site, which will automatically upload the feed file daily by FTP.
- Finally, create a Microsoft Shopping Campaign to display the ads.
If you have multiple stores, you can manage them all from within one Microsoft Ads account. (Microsoft Ads was previously known as Bing Ads, Bing Shopping, and Microsoft Adcenter. Bing Rich Captions are no longer supported.)
Sign up for Microsoft Ads
- If you have not already, sign up for Microsoft Ads.
- Add a credit card under Billing & Payments > Payment methods (You will not be charged anything unless you set up pay-per-click ad campaigns.)
Register a Data Feed in Microsoft Ads Merchant Center
- Log in to Microsoft Ads
- Go to Tools > Merchant Center
- Click the Create Store button.
- Enter your Store Name and Store Description.
- Select a Domain validation method and Destination URL. (If you haven't already, then you will need to verify and claim the website URL using the instructions on the site.)
- Check the box for Use SSL Checkout so that it says Yes
- Click the Next button
- Leave the Block aggregators checkbox unchecked and click the Next buton.
- Enter your email address and click the Create store button
- Click on the Feeds tab in the left side-bar.
- Click on Default Catalog.
- Click on Update feed.
- Change Input method to Upload via FTP/SFTP
- Type in
bingshoppingexdactly into the File name box. Do NOT include any file extension.
- Click the Update feed button.
- Click the Feeds link in the breadcrumbs at the top
- Click the Settings link in the left sidebar.
- On the FTP/SFTP tab, enter a Username and New/Confirm Password. We suggest that you use your store name as the Username. The password must contain at least one number and one symbol, e.g.
password1$Make a note of the FTP username/password, because you will need to enter that into the feed settings on our site.
- Click the Submit button.
- If your store offers free shipping, click the Shipping (US Only) tab and check the Free Shipping checkbox.
Create a Standard Feed
- Go to My Account > Add Feed.
- Enter your Store Name, select the Bing Shopping Template, and click Create Feed.
- Continue to Modify Settings, and configure the Source Settings.
- Enter the FTP Username and FTP Password from the FTP/SFTP Settings tab in your Microsoft Merchant Center account. Set the submission frequency to Daily. Click Update to save the settings.
- Run a submission task to perform your first upload.
- Remember to set up and fund your Microsoft Shopping Campaign.
How long does it take to get listed?
Prior to publication through Microsoft Ads all initial feeds must undergo and pass an editorial review. This process may take up to three weeks. Accurate MPN/UPC data may speed up the process.
You will receive an email from Microsoft Ads once they activate your account. You will need to set up a Microsoft Shopping Campaign with a daily budget and bid.
Contacting Microsoft Ads Support
Please use the Microsoft Ads Contact and Support page if you have any questions about the status of your listings.
Microsoft Shopping Campaigns (Bing)
Lasted Updated: August 29, 2021Send Feedback