Google Base New Product Attributes
Jan 31, 2007
Some customers may have received an email from Google Base indicating that they will require additional product attributes in the bulk upload file beginning March 2007. Please rest assured that we will implement these new attributes well before then, as we did when Froogle converted to Google Base in June 2006.
The five new required attributes are 'id', 'brand', 'condition', 'expiration_date', and 'product_type'. 'id' is currently being submitted. 'expiration_date' will always be set to the latest allowed date. The remaining three fields, 'brand', 'condition', and 'product_type', are not available by default in your Yahoo Store product table. For those fields, we will provide options in your feed settings to populate the fields. These may include sending blank values, default values, or values pulled from your store's custom fields (as is done for Shopping.com feeds). We expect that for many merchants, sending blank or default values will be sufficient. We will provide further instructions soon.
Shopping.com data feed services will return to normal pricing tomorrow, February 1, 2007.
- Yahoo Sale Price Issue (Jun 6, 2007)
- Froogle Feed Stop-Gap Submission and System Updates (Apr 8, 2007)
- New Google Base Attributes (Feb 18, 2007)
- Google FTP Issue Update (Feb 15, 2007)
- Google FTP Issue and Alert Service (Feb 11, 2007)
- Google Base New Product Attributes (Jan 31, 2007)
- Pricing Changes Reminder (Jan 1, 2007)
- New Shopping.com Feed and Pricing Changes (Dec 1, 2006)
- Froogle Feed Product Options (Nov 27, 2006)
- New Product Count Alert Service (Nov 18, 2006)
- New Download Bulk Upload File Feature (Nov 4, 2006)