'free shipping' text prohibited by Google
Nov 9, 2009
The recent slow task processing and internal system errors were caused by routing problems between our server and Yahoo Stores. We have implemented a temporary workaround as we monitor and try to resolve the issue.
On another topic, Google has begun to prohibit items with words like 'Free Shipping' anywhere in the product listing. We strongly recommend you to check your Google Merchant Center account to make sure that all your items are active. If you are affected, see How do I deal with items prohibited due to shipping terms? for possible workarounds.
Here are four, new features of our system:
- When you add a new data feed, it automatically fills in the objinfo/catalog URL of the last data feed that you worked on.
- We have added a simple, fill-in form to submit Express Setup Requests.
- You can now enable/disable individual fields of your data feed on both Basic and Advanced feeds. See How do I hide, disable, or suppress fields from my data feed? for an extensive discussion.
- We have added a Monitus Category feed for those using Monitus for web analytics.
Finally, Yahoo has recently released a series of Yahoo Store Webinars chock full of optimization strategies by leading experts. We highly recommend these.
- Express Setup and Optimization (Jan 20, 2010)
- Find products by item or line number (Jan 7, 2010)
- expiration_date attribute dropped (Dec 17, 2009)
- expiration_date attribute in Google feeds (Nov 28, 2009)
- Slow task processing issue resolved (Nov 22, 2009)
- 'free shipping' text prohibited by Google (Nov 9, 2009)
- New Monitus Category Data Feed (Oct 20, 2009)
- Disable Fields Feature Added (Oct 15, 2009)
- Internal system errors resolved (Sep 20, 2009)
- Bing Cashback Feed Setup Instructions Posted (Sep 3, 2009)
- New attributes for Google and Shopping.com feeds (Aug 27, 2009)