Sep 28, 2017
I haven't sent a service update in awhile, but that doesn't mean things have been at a standstill. Here are some tidbits:
The free Monitoring Service for Google Shopping had an outage from 8/24/2017 to 9/20/2017 due a broken Google Content API. Google fixed their API, and it is working again. I encourage you to take advantage of this free service. It will notify you by email if your active listing count drops below a configured number, allowing you to take quicker action to resolve any issues.
I recently upgraded our server to PHP 7, which processes the feeds more than twice as fast overall as the previous version (PHP 5.6). It's really amazing, and I would highly recommend it to anyone running a Magento store. You may notice faster feed processing.
The feeds for BigCommerce and Shopify stores continue to improve in reliability. After significant engineering efforts, there are feeds with hundreds of thousands of listings working smoothly every day. This helps improve reliability for the smaller feeds too.
The holiday season is upon us. If you are thinking of adding feeds, I encourage you to submit your requests early to avoid the rush.
Thanks for reading. I hope to have more updates soon.
- Magento Exporter Updates and Exclusive Adwords Offer (Oct 9, 2017)
- Service Update (Sep 28, 2017)
- Automatic Image Resizing Service for Google Shopping Feeds (Sep 1, 2016)
- Feed Issue Resolved (Jun 3, 2016)
- New Service Pricing (Mar 15, 2016)
- Google Shopping expanded GTIN requirement (Mar 15, 2016)
- Please ignore FTP login failed email (Feb 1, 2016)