Change to Feed Format
Feb 5, 2011
We have changed all our back-end data processing and feed formats to the UTF-8 character encoding from Latin-1. Most of the major shopping engines now require this format, which is backward-compatible with Latin-1 and adds support for extended (Unicode) characters.
If you have manually set the character encoding in your Google Merchant Account to Latin-1, you should change it to "auto-detect" instead. Otherwise, no change is required, because "auto-detect" is the default setting when you create a feed.
If you notice any issues with feed processing in other shopping engines, please feel free to contact us and we will investigate.
- Update Instructions for GoShopping Feed (Mar 12, 2011)
- Google Feed Errors Resolved (Feb 18, 2011)
- Google Feed Errors and Settings Change (Feb 17, 2011)
- ShopMania Data Feed Support (Feb 15, 2011)
- Oodle Data Feed Support (Feb 14, 2011)
- Change to Feed Format (Feb 5, 2011)
- Pricewatch Data Feed Available (Dec 16, 2010)
- AspDotNetStorefront Data Feed Support (Dec 14, 2010)
- Bing FTP Server Issues (Nov 5, 2010)
- Faster Task Processing (Oct 15, 2010)
- Product Inclusion Feature (Sep 21, 2010)