Shopping.com Feed Upgrade
Oct 27, 2011
To our Shopping.com feed users, we are upgrading your Shopping.com feed (or feeds) to the version 4.0 feed specification.
You do not have to take any action; this is simply a notice of what changes will be taking place.
The upgrade will happen automatically next week, and then we will submit a request to Shopping.com to remap your feed as needed. The following changes will be made:
- All feeds will be upgraded to have 54 fields, and settings from previous fields will be carried over automatically.
- The file format will be changed to comma-separated value (CSV) format.
- The file name will be changed to 'shopping.csv'.
- The file will be zipped and uploaded as 'shopping.zip'.
- Feeds that are scheduled will be set to 'Daily Plus' submission frequency, as recommended by Shopping.com.
If your Shopping.com feed has not been used for a long time (generally, over 6 months), we may delete your feed. In that case, you can simply create a new feed using the latest template if you plan to submit to Shopping.com again.
Feeds from Magento stores and some customized feeds have already been manually upgraded, and you should have received an email.
- google_product_category, tax, and shipping requirements (Mar 1, 2012)
- Google 'product_type' Attribute (Feb 11, 2012)
- Bigcommerce Platform Support and Other News (Dec 2, 2011)
- Improved Validation Report (Nov 25, 2011)
- Shopping.com Feed Upgrade Completed (Nov 1, 2011)
- Shopping.com Feed Upgrade (Oct 27, 2011)
- ShopMania and Pronto Updates (Oct 21, 2011)
- Product Tagging Tool Improvements (Oct 15, 2011)
- Daily Plus Scheduling Option Now Available (Oct 12, 2011)
- Excluding Incomplete Items from Google (Sep 20, 2011)
- Updates to 'manufacturer' field in Google Feeds (Sep 12, 2011)