Tax, shipping, and google_product_category are now required
May 6, 2012
If you have not already done so, please set up your tax and shipping rules in your Google Merchant Center Tax and Shipping Settings.
Tax and shipping must be defined (for US sellers) or your items will be disapproved.
google_product_category must also be valid and defined, or your items will be disapproved. Even if you had valid categories before, you should double-check because Google has changed many major categories.
Use the Google Validation Report located in your account to quickly see if there are any errors with your feed.
- Product Listing Ads Campaign Quick Signup (Jun 29, 2012)
- New Feed to Catalog-On-Demand with 6 Months Free Trial (Jun 21, 2012)
- 'upc' renamed to 'gtin' in Google feeds (Jun 15, 2012)
- Google Shopping to end free listings (Jun 5, 2012)
- Invalid google_product_category is now an error (May 23, 2012)
- Tax, shipping, and google_product_category are now required (May 6, 2012)
- Hardware issue resolved and new pricing (Apr 14, 2012)
- Hardware issue (Apr 13, 2012)
- Bing Reopens and New Pricing Reminder (Mar 30, 2012)
- Free Google Monitoring and New Pricing (Mar 14, 2012)
- google_product_category, tax, and shipping requirements (Mar 1, 2012)