Invalid google_product_category is now an error
May 24, 2012
Google now treats an invalid Google Product Category as an item error. We updated our validation rules yesterday to also treat this as an error. If you have any items with invalid Google Product Categories, please update them to ensure that your items are listed. Note that Google recently changed many categories. See here for further instructions on how to update your google product categories.
Use the Google Validation Report in your account to quickly show you if there are any errors in your Google feeds.
- GoShopping is Defunct (Jul 18, 2012)
- Product Listing Ads Campaign Quick Signup (Jun 29, 2012)
- New Feed to Catalog-On-Demand with 6 Months Free Trial (Jun 21, 2012)
- 'upc' renamed to 'gtin' in Google feeds (Jun 16, 2012)
- Google Shopping to end free listings (Jun 6, 2012)
- Invalid google_product_category is now an error (May 24, 2012)
- Tax, shipping, and google_product_category are now required (May 7, 2012)
- Hardware issue resolved and new pricing (Apr 15, 2012)
- Hardware issue (Apr 14, 2012)
- Bing Reopens and New Pricing Reminder (Mar 31, 2012)
- Free Google Monitoring and New Pricing (Mar 15, 2012)