Bing Feed Upgrade
May 4, 2014
If you have a Bing feed with us, it will be upgraded in the next few days to the latest specifications to support the new Bing Product Listing Ads. You do not need to take any action; this change will be implemented automatically.
If you have a Custom Bing feed, we have already upgraded it manually.
Your Bing feed works for both Bing Rich Captions and Bing Product Listing Ads. Bing Rich Captions remains a free program, while the new Product Listing Ads (PLAs) is pay-per-click just like Google PLAs. For more information, see here: Difference between Bing Rich Captions and Product Listing Ads.
The main change to the feed is the addition of 'Bingads_grouping' and 'Bingads_labels' optional attributes, which allow you to subdivide your products for bidding purposes.
There is also a 'Bingads_redirect' attribute, which allows you to insert tracking codes. The upgrade will automatically configure the 'Bingads_redirect' attribute with the following tracking codes for use with Google Analytics: 'utm_source=bing&utm_medium=ppc'.
Other new, optional attributes include 'GTIN', 'Tax', 'PriceWithDiscount', 'DealStartDate', and 'DealExpiration'. Some other attributes will be renamed, and no attributes are being dropped. Please refer to the Bing Merchant Center Integration Guide for specifics, or contact Bing Support.
Since this is a minor change, we will not be sending another notice when the changes have been implemented.
Also, our new pricing took effect on May 1, 2014. The new pricing is posted on our pricing page.
- TheFind has been shut down (Apr 2, 2015)
- FTP Password Reset Instructions (Dec 23, 2014)
- FTP Accounts Leak (Dec 22, 2014)
- Google Merchant Center problem with data feed file: "ftpchk3.txt" (Dec 20, 2014)
- Google Feed Character Length Limits (Sep 20, 2014)
- Bing Feed Upgrade (May 4, 2014)
- Google Feed Upgrade (Apr 13, 2014)
- New Pricing Announcement (Mar 31, 2014)
- adwords_query_parameter Attribute and Server Upgrade (Mar 1, 2014)
- 10th Anniversary Special - Two Months Free Trial (Jan 30, 2014)
- Bing Rich Captions Opt-in Required and Refund (Jan 25, 2014)