Google Shopping Free Listings Ended
Oct 22, 2012
On October 17th, Google officially terminated free listings on Google Product Search. The easiest way to list your items in Google Shopping now is via Product Listing Ads, which are pay-per-click ads automatically generated from your product data feed to Google Merchant Center.
Setting up Product Listing Ads is easy, just go to Adwords Settings in your Google Merchant Center account, and click the blue button that says Set up Product Listing Ads. (If you have multiple stores, do it from the parent account level.) Follow the wizard to set your daily bid, daily budget, and Adwords billing settings.
You can bid as little as $0.01 per click, so we recommend all merchants to continue listing their items in Google Shopping.
Please note that the performance graph displayed in your Google Merchant Account Dashboard may be out-of-date and/or inaccurate. Check your Adwords account for the latest click statistics for your Product Listing Ads campaign.
Radio Show Transcript and Podcast
If you missed our recent radio show, you can read the transcript or listen to the podcast here: Big Changes at Google Shopping, 9/10/2012, eCom Experts
Time Zone and Country Profile Settings
For our non-US customers, you can now enter international addresses and time zones in your account profile. Our website will display times in the time zone that you select.
- Google Shopping Presentation and FTP Server Update (Mar 6, 2013)
- Google Taxonomy Update (Jan 25, 2013)
- Product Categorization Service (Jan 1, 2013)
- Google Shopping Optimized Bidding by Price Range (Dec 20, 2012)
- Shopzilla Feeds Upgraded (Nov 10, 2012)
- Google Shopping Free Listings Ended (Oct 22, 2012)
- Google Feeds Disapproved Error (Sep 17, 2012)
- Podcast of Radio Show - Big Changes at Google Shopping (Sep 11, 2012)
- Radio Show - Big Changes at Google Shopping (Sep 10, 2012)
- Bigcommerce Google and Bing Shopping Feeds Available Now (Sep 10, 2012)
- New Promotions and Offers (Sep 7, 2012)