Google Taxonomy Update
Jan 25, 2013
Google made major revisions to their US product taxonomy last night. Many google product categories were deleted, and new ones added.
Our system flagged the items with deleted categories as errors this morning. If your feed is configured to filter items with errors, then those listings were not submitted this morning. However, because Google still accepts the deleted categories without error or warning, we modified our system to flag those items with warnings instead of errors.
Therefore, all your listings will be resubmitted by tomorrow morning. Feel free to log into your account and run a Submission task if you want to resubmit the listings immediately.
Going forward, we recommend you update your categories to the new taxonomy for best results.
To see if you have any old categories that need to be updated, go to Manage Feed > Google Validation Report in your account, and look for the 'outdated google_product_category' warning.
If you are subscribed to our new categorization service, we will update your categories automatically.
- Gift Certificates Causing Google Suspensions (Sep 5, 2013)
- Google FTP Server Update can be disregarded (Aug 23, 2013)
- Google Feed Upgrade Completed (Jul 10, 2013)
- Google Feed Upgrade and Other Announcements (Jul 2, 2013)
- Google Shopping Presentation and FTP Server Update (Mar 6, 2013)
- Google Taxonomy Update (Jan 25, 2013)
- Product Categorization Service (Jan 1, 2013)
- Google Shopping Optimized Bidding by Price Range (Dec 20, 2012)
- Shopzilla Feeds Upgraded (Nov 10, 2012)
- Google Shopping Free Listings Ended (Oct 22, 2012)
- Google Feeds Disapproved Error (Sep 17, 2012)