BigCommerce Shopping Feeds
- Bing Shopping Feed BigCommerce
Option 1: Express Setup Request
We recommend that you have us set up and optimize the data feed for you with our Express Setup and Optimization Service. There is a one-time fee associated with this service.
To purchase this service, paste the password you created, API Token, API Path, and any special instructions into the 'Additional Comments' field of our Express Setup Request Form, and click Submit Request.
Option 2: Do-it-yourself Setup
Use our Bing Shopping Data Feed Setup Guide to complete the setup of your Bigcommerce Bing Shopping Feed.
- Advantages of our feed vs. the one provided by BigCommerce or Shopify
- We have over 10 years experience in data feeds, so we have the expertise to get your products listed correctly and in an optimal way.
- We provide free phone/email support for your feeds, which is especially useful when there are feed errors and when the feed specifications change.
- With our free Google Shopping Monitoring Service, we email you whenever there is a problem with your listings.
- We specialize in very large stores, complex stores, and other cases where the built-in or free software does not suffice.
- You can filter out items with errors to prevent your feed from being disapproved by Google.
- We offer Google Shopping Categorization Service for an additional fee.
- We support all the major shopping engines - including Bing Shopping and Facebook Product Ads.
- We offer international feeds with automatic currency conversion.
- Our feeds are pre-configured with URL tracking codes for Google Analytics.
- Our system gives you the ability to customize the feed.
- You can use our Google Validation Report to quickly view and identify item errors/warnings.
- We keep track of the results of each feed submission.
- How to Add Custom Fields to a BigCommerce Store
To add custom attributes to a BigCommerce product catalog, you have the four options listed below:
1. Use an Unused Field
Here are some unused field suggestions:
- Other Details
- Bin Picking Number, Warranty Information, Search Keywords
- Accounting Settings
- Asset Account Code, Income Account Code, Expense/COS Account Code
- Peachtree Fields
- General Ledger Account
- Google Shopping
- Color, Size, Material, Pattern
We can map any of the above fields to any attribute in your feed. For example:
Bigcommerce => Google Feed Attribute Color => custom_label_0 Material => custom_label_1 Pattern => custom_label_2
2. BigCommerce Custom Fields
We can import BigCommerce Custom Fields from your store into our system. The data can be used in any attribute of the feed. This feature is turned off by default (for performance reasons). If you want these available in your feed, please contact us and we can turn that on for you.
3. Google Sheets
You can set up a Google Sheet (public read-only, unlisted), and add product ID and custom attributes there. With a Custom feed, we can program your feed to incorporate data from the Google Sheet. Please contact us for more information.
4. Private Database
We can also provide you with a private database, where you can directly enter the data. The advantage of this is that the product IDs can be automatically maintained. Please contact us for more information.
- Bigcommerce to Google Feed Setup Checklist
In order for us to set up and optimize your Google Shopping feed from Bigcommerce, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Create or sign-in to your Google Merchant Account
- Verify and claim your Website URL under GMA Business Information
- Add tax and shipping settings for each country where you intend to sell under GMA Tax Settings and GMA Shipping Settings
- In your Bigcommerce Store Control Panel, enable API access for us by following the instructions here: Bigcommerce Feed Setup - Step 1 of 3
- Submit an Express Setup Request, and provide us the following information: Website URL, WebDAV password / access key, and Google Merchant account login and password (If you already submitted a request and/or payment, please resubmit the form with complete information and skip the payment step)
- Customize the BigCommerce Product Export for Performance
Below is a list of fields you can uncheck to improve the performance of the BigCommerce product export. To access this list, click the Products tab when editing the export template in your BigCommerce store control panel.
The fields listed below are rarely, if ever, used for generating data feeds for the shopping channels. However, to maintain maximum flexibility for the future, you should only uncheck these if you are having problems with your feed.
Bin Picking Number Brand + Name Option Set (keep for variant feeds) Option Set Align Cost Price Calculated Price Retail Price Fixed Shipping Price Free Shipping Warranty Product Not Visible Product Inventoried Date Added Date Modified Low Stock Level Product Files Product Images > Product Image ID Product Images > Product Image File Product Images > Product Image Path Product Images > Product Image Description Product Images > Product Image Index (Note: For Product Images, only URL and Is Thumbnail are needed) MYOB Asset Acct MYOB Income Acct MYOB Expense Acct Event Date Required Event Date Name Event Date Is Limited Event Date Start Date Event Date End Date Sort Order Product Tax Class Stop Processing Rules Redirect Old URL Avalara Product Tax Code Product Custom Fields (keep if enabled for your feed) Product Availability Minimum Purchase Quantity Maximum Purchase Quantity Show Product Condition Shipping Groups Origin Locations Dimensional Rules GPS Custom Item
Unchecking the above fields may greatly increase the speed of the export, and reduce the file size.