Bing Rich Captions Issue and Categorization Service
Jan 17, 2014
Bing Shopping changed to Bing Rich Captions in the middle of last year. Bing no longer provides a separate shopping search engine. Instead, if you participate in Bing Rich Captions, then Bing displays your product price and/or image embedded in the main search results. The program remains free for merchants.
We have found that Bing may not have automatically subscribed you to Bing Rich Captions. We ask that all customers with Bing feeds check this setting by following these steps:
- Sign in to Bing Ads
- Click on Tools in the upper-right
- Click on Bing Merchant Center
- Click on your store name
- Click on the Store Settings tab
- Under the Catalog setting header, check the box labelled Rich Captions
- Click the Save button
- If you have additional stores, repeat these steps for each one
If you want us to check the settings for you, please send us your Bing Ads login and password using our Secure Password Form.
On another topic, were you aware that we offer a Product Categorization Service?
With this service, we manually assign shopping engine categories to your merchant categories, so your products can have better placement in the shopping engines. We also maintain the categorization for you over time.
We charge a one-time setup fee of $54 per 250 merchant categories, and a monthly fee of $9 per 250 merchant categories. All the feeds for one store are included in the price! Feel free to contact us for a quote.
- Google Feed Upgrade (Apr 13, 2014)
- New Pricing Announcement (Mar 31, 2014)
- adwords_query_parameter Attribute and Server Upgrade (Mar 1, 2014)
- 10th Anniversary Special - Two Months Free Trial (Jan 30, 2014)
- Bing Rich Captions Opt-in Required and Refund (Jan 25, 2014)
- Bing Rich Captions Issue and Categorization Service (Jan 17, 2014)
- Monitoring for Google Shopping and Feed Safeguard (Jan 16, 2014)
- Amazon Product Ads Action Required (Sep 22, 2013)
- Amazon Product Ads SFTP Update (Sep 19, 2013)
- Amazon Product Ads changed to SFTP (Sep 18, 2013)
- Product Count Monitoring for Google Shopping (Sep 17, 2013)