How do I configure free shipping for Google Shopping?
If all your products have free shipping, then you can configure this via your Google Merchant Account Tax and Shipping Settings. Simply create a flat-rate shipping rule, and set the price to zero.
Otherwise, if only certain items have free shipping, then configure your default shipping costs in the Google Merchant Account, and then override the shipping cost for individual items using the instructions below.
- Add the following custom field to your store catalog:
- Edit the 'Shipping' field on the Define Fields page of your Bing Shopping feed, and set the Field Name to 'google-shipping'. (Bing supports the same shipping cost format as Google.)
- In your store catalog, set the values for 'google-shipping' to 'US:::0.00' (without quotes) on the items that qualify for free shipping.
- Leave the field blank for all other items. For these items, the shipping cost will be based on the rules you set up in your Google Merchant Account.
- Ensure that the 'shipping' field on the Define Fields page of the Google feed has the Field Name set to 'google-shipping'.
- To set other shipping values for Google, please see the Google Shopping shipping attribute instructions. The Google shipping attribute is composed of country, region, service, and price. You can specify multiple shipping rules for a single product by separating each by commas.
- Resubmit from our site after making all the changes.
- We recommend setting ship-weight to the actual ship weight of the items, as opposed to setting it to zero to trigger free shipping.
- One other thing you will need to do is log into your Google Merchant center account, and ensure that "Use Quoted Fields" setting is set to "No". Instructions for doing so are here: Google Feed Settings.
Lasted Updated: October 4, 2013Send Feedback