How to grant us access to your Google Merchant Center account
Please follow the steps below to grant us access:
- Sign in to your Google Merchant Center account
- Click the 3-dot icon dropdown in the upper right hand corner
- Select Users
- Click the round, blue, plus sign button under the Merchant Center users heading (Not the Add Email Contact link)
- Enter as the email address to invite
- Select Standard as the role
- Click Save
To revoke access, refer to the full instructions provided by Google here: User access for Merchant Center.
On February 24, 2017, Google made it much drastically easier to grant limited access to a Google Merchant Center account to another Google user. Access to your account is NOT required for your feed service. It can be helpful for troubleshooting though.
Optional - Grant Access to Adwords Account
You can also give access to your Adwords account by following these instructions.
- Follow the Giving account access instructions at the following link to send an invitation to the new account: How to grant or remove access to your AdWords account
- Log out of your main account
- Log into Gmail as the new user
- Open the Adwords invitation email and click the link to accept.
- When prompted to Create Google Account, select I have an email address and password I already use.
- Select I'd like to use my existing Google account to log into AdWords.
- When prompted, enter the password again to confirm.
- Log out of the new account
- Log back into Adwords using your main account.
- Go to the Users settings and confirm the invitation.
Alternate Option 1 - Screen shots
For quick troubleshooting, you can email us screen shots of relevant pages in your account using a free tool like Jing.
Alternate Option 2 - Send your Google account login/password
We never require your Google account login/password, and there is no longer any need to provide it for any reason. Please do not send us your Google account login/password.
NOTE: Never send any account login/password by email, because email is inherently insecure. If you have sent it by email already, be sure to change your password. Instead, if necessary, you can use our Secure Login and Password Form to send us your non-Google credentials securely.
For increased security, we store merchant account logins provided to us off-site in an encrypted password manager.
Lasted Updated: November 8, 2017Send Feedback