Set Up Instructions for Oodle Data Feed (Backfill Program)
These are the instructions to add a feed for Oodle's free backfill data feed program. The backfill program is limited to 15,000 items, and has numerous other restrictions.
Add Data Feed
- Go to the My Account > Add Feed.
- Select the Oodle Template and click Add.
- Enter your store source information and click Update. Leave FTP settings blank.
- Go to the Manage Feed > Define Fields.
- Edit the 'category', 'address', 'city', 'state', and 'zip_code' fields and enter an appropriate Default Value for each.
- Go to Tasks > Submit a Task and click Refresh.
- Go to Manage Feed > Product List and note the item count.
- Go to Manage Feed > Download Data Feed File and copy the File URL.
Set up Oodle Account
- Go to the Oodle Submit Feed page.
- Select Stuff as the Feed Category.
- Enter the Number of Listings in Your Feed that you noted above.
- Select Delimited Text as the File Format.
- Select CSV as the File Delimiter.
- Select Via URL as the Transfer Mechanism.
- Paste the File URL that you copied above into the Full URL of the feed box, and hen click Test Feed. You should see a message "Feed looks good. Please enter contact information below and click Submit. All fields are required. " at the top of the page.
- Fill in the remaining information in Step 2: Contact Information and Step 3: Your Website Information and then click Submit.
- The feed setup is complete. You should see a message saying "Thank you for submitting your feed request. You should receive an automated e-mail response shortly and then our Feed Management team will follow-up with your request.".
- Oodle will not provide technical support for the backfill program. But if you have questions, you can contact them via the Oodle Classifieds - Help Contact Form.
Lasted Updated: June 19, 2015Send Feedback