How to set minimum required listings for the Feed Safeguard feature
The Feed Safeguard feature allows you to set a minimum number of listings required for the feed to be generated or submitted. This can help prevent temporary error conditions from causing listings to be inadvertently deleted.
You will get an email notice whenever the feed is not generated or submitted due to insufficient listings, allowing you to take necessary action.
This feature available for all data feeds, and is disabled by default. To enable (or disable) the feature, follow these steps:
- Go to My Account.
- Click Manage for the desired feed.
- Make a note of the unfiltered listing count.
- Click Advanced Feed Settings.
- To enable the Feed Safeguard feature, enter a number in the Minimum Listing Requirement setting that is somewhat less than the unfiltered listing count. You will want to set it low enough such that normal changes to your store do not trigger the safeguard.
- If you want to disable the Feed Safeguard feature instead, enter zero in the Minimum Listing Requirement setting.
- Click the Update button to save the settings.
Whenever the feed would contain less listings than the number you entered, the submission/refresh task will be cancelled, and you will be sent an email Feed Safeguard notice.
If you receive a Feed Safeguard notice, you can follow the link in the email to check the Manage Feed page for the status of the feed. If everything is normal, then you can lower the number in the Minimum Listing Requirement setting using the instructions above.
Feed Safeguard settings are entirely separate from Feed Monitoring for Google Shopping settings.
Lasted Updated: January 16, 2014Send Feedback