CSCart data feed to Google Shopping Setup Instructions
We now support data feeds for CSCart to Google Shopping, Bing Shopping, Facebook Product Ads, Pinterest, Wholesale Central, Shareasale, etc.
For setup, you will need to add a new Data Feed in your control panel, and configure it to run automatically using cron. This will allow our system access to your product data. See below for setup instructions.
Please contact us if you are interested and we can provide further assistance.
Data feeds Add-On for CS-Cart
- Go to Add-ons > Manage Add-ons > CS-Cart
- Click Install or Activate for the Data feeds add-on.
- Click the Data feeds add-on, or continue to the next section.
Data Feed Settings
- Go to Add-ons > Data feeds in your CS Cart control panel.
It may also be under Administration > Export data > Data feeds
- Click the plus icon to add a new Data feed.
- Enter the following settings on the General tab:
- Data feed name
- File name
- " (double-quote character)
- Product type:
- Leave unselected
- Images directory
- Price decimal separator
- . (period character)
- Category delimiter
- > (right angle bracket character)
- Features delimiter
- , (comma character)
- Directory for the files of downloadable products
- CSV delimiter
- Exclude disabled products
- Check the box
- Server directory
- (leave blank)
- FTP server
- FTP username and password
- (contact us)
- Export by cron to:
- Enter the following settings on the Exported items tab:
- Remove all categories until it says Any category
- Remove all products until it says Any product
- On the Fields mapping tab, add each field that may contain useful information using this procedure:
- Click the icon to add a field
- Select the next Field type
- Type in the Field type name in all lower case in the Field name box
- Leave Pos column blank
- Repeat for each field in the list. Recommend to click Save as you progress to save your work.
- Click Save to save the export
Crontab Scheduled Export Setup
You will need the username/login for SSH access to the web server to complete these steps. You can also can forward the instructions below to the web hosting company.
- Download PuTTY or you can use any other SSH client
- Run PuTTY and log into the server
export EDITOR=nanoand press Enter
crontab -eand press Enter
- Go to your store admin, select the data feed you created above, go to the General settings tab, and look under the Export by cron to line. Copy the line to your clipboard.
- Paste the command onto a blank line into nano, with a prefix of
0 23 * * *. It should look something like this, all on one line:
0 23 * * * php /path/to/cart/admin.php --dispatch=exim.cron_export --cron_password=MYPASS --switch_company_id=0
Remember to change
/path/to/cart/to the correct path for your server.
The above will run the export at 11 PM local time of your server.
- Press CTRL+O and then Enter to save changes
- Press CTRL+X to exit the nano text editor
Lasted Updated: September 16, 2022Send Feedback